Click the links below for upcoming events.
AMPLIFY-NY’s WESTERN REGION YLF
YOUTH POWER!’s AMPLIFY-NY Initiative will host the 2018 Western Region Youth Leadership Forum (YLF) for young people with disabilities to speak up, build skills, and prepare to take on leadership roles. This peer-run forum brings opportunities to YOUth and gives the next generation of leaders the tools and support they need for success. The YLF is a safe, youth-friendly environment with plenty of fun activities to complement the wealth of knowledge being learned! This 4-day, 3-night forum is FREE to attend and includes panel presentations, hands-on activities to practice leadership skills, and supported leadership activities. Future leaders do not want to miss this opportunity to build leadership skills and become empowered with self-confidence and self-determination!
- It’s a unique opportunity; have the chance to attend as one of 30 young people.
- Be connected with an experienced advisor to complete a leadership project that interests you.
- This event is FREE if accepted and includes your meals, housing, and transportation assistance.
- In order to be selected you must:
- Have a developmental or other disability.
- Be in the age range of 14-24 (Youth under 18 must have guardian approval).
- Live in New York State.
- Show demonstrated leadership potential in your application (*now easier to apply!*).
- Complete the application and return it by June 17, 2018
Application deadline has ended!
For more information, contact Elijah Fagan-Solis at 518-432-0333 ext. 19 or EFagan@youthpowerny.org.