Click the links below for upcoming events.
University of YOUTH POWER! Class of 2018
The College of Saint Rose | June 23-26, 2018 | Albany, NY
On June 23-26, 2018, YOUTH POWER! will be hosting the fifth annual University of YOUTH POWER! (UYP), a for-youth-by-youth social justice conference that is modeled after a college experience. UYP is the premier youth peer leadership conference that provides Youth Peer Advocates and change agents the opportunity to build skills and expand their professional network. Young people ages 18 to 30 can register with a major of Peer Advocacy or Systems Advocacy. UYP will take place in Albany, New York, at The College of Saint Rose. Resident students use overnight accommodations in the apartment style dormitory, as well as meals on campus.
University of YOUTH POWER! includes professors from a variety of fields of work including: Disability Rights, Mental Health, Addiction, Foster Care, Juvenile Justice, Labor, Independent Living and more!
Registration is OPEN!
Click here to register!
For more information, click here!
Questions? Contact Olivia Fried at 518-949-4338 or email at email@example.com
AMPLIFY-NY’s WESTERN REGION YLF
YOUTH POWER!’s AMPLIFY-NY Initiative will host the 2018 Western Region Youth Leadership Forum (YLF) for young people with disabilities to speak up, build skills, and prepare to take on leadership roles. This peer-run forum brings opportunities to YOUth and gives the next generation of leaders the tools and support they need for success. The YLF is a safe, youth-friendly environment with plenty of fun activities to complement the wealth of knowledge being learned! This 4-day, 3-night forum is FREE to attend and includes panel presentations, hands-on activities to practice leadership skills, and supported leadership activities. Future leaders do not want to miss this opportunity to build leadership skills and become empowered with self-confidence and self-determination!
- It’s a unique opportunity; have the chance to attend as one of 30 young people.
- Be connected with an experienced advisor to complete a leadership project that interests you.
- This event is FREE if accepted and includes your meals, housing, and transportation assistance.
- In order to be selected you must:
- Have a developmental or other disability.
- Be in the age range of 14-24 (Youth under 18 must have guardian approval).
- Live in New York State.
- Show demonstrated leadership potential in your application (*now easier to apply!*).
- Complete the application and return it by June 17, 2018
Apply now online by clicking here.
For more information, contact Elijah Fagan-Solis at 518-432-0333 ext. 19 or EFagan@youthpowerny.org.