There is an opening in the YOUTH POWER! division of Families Together in NYS, Inc. YOUTH POWER! is the statewide network of young people who have been labeled and are seeking change. Through peer-to-peer mentoring, we empower young people to be active citizens that are aware of government operations, their rights and the ability to use their voices to influence policies, practices, regulations, and laws.
Western Regional Youth Partner – The Regional Youth Partners are peer leaders that connect local youth groups, coordinate regional youth advocacy efforts and provide technical assistance and training on youth empowerment, youth-guided practice, and youth peer services. The Regional Youth Partner position is a credentialed Youth Peer Advocate position, which promotes the lived experience perspective and youth-guided philosophy across all child-serving systems.
LOCATION: Applicant must reside in one of the 19 counties in the western region.
Preferred location Rochester or Buffalo.
STATUS: Full-time salary employee – High 30s with benefits package
- Must have personal life experience accessing children’s mental health services and be willing to share this information publicly. Additional experience with Disability, Foster Care, Addiction, or Juvenile Justice is beneficial.
- Must have experience working/volunteering as a Youth Peer Advocate or comparable peer role.
- Bachelor’s or Associates Degree preferred but not required.
- Must have valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and be able to travel.
- Independently motivated
- Excellent coordination and organization skills
- Experience with youth leadership and advocacy
- Experience with peer support preferred
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; Demonstrated ability to engage with diverse groups
- Demonstrated ability to speak with small and large groups of people
- Experience with various software packages: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Go-To, Google applications
View the FULL Job Posting here!
Applicants must send a resume with a formal cover letter in order to be considered. Letters must indicate the title of the position that the applicant is seeking.
Families Together in NYS
737 Madison Avenue, Albany NY 12208
Email to: email@example.com