YOUTH POWER! is currently seeking applications for:
LOCATION: Best candidate in New York State – Telecommute or Albany Office
PURPOSE: To establish and coordinate the New York Institute for Self-Advocacy and Emerging Leaders Network for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities ages 21 and above.
• As someone who coordinates a self-advocacy network, the coordinator must reflect the self-advocacy community they represent. We are seeking individuals who identify as part of the disability community and as having an intellectual or developmental disability.
• Bachelor’s preferred. Minimum high school diploma or equivalent is required.
• At least three years of experience in a non-profit organization
• Demonstrates ability to engage with diverse groups
• Is experienced and demonstrates ability to speak with small and large groups of people
• Highly organized and able to manage a workload with multiple deadlines
• Able to travel in New York State
• Advanced skills with software packages: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Go-To, and Google applications
• Public policy/systems advocacy experience is preferred
• Team leadership and facilitation skills
APPLICATION PROCESS: Applicants must send a resume with a formal cover letter in order to be considered. The letter should indicate the title of the position that the applicant is seeking.
MAIL TO: YOUTH POWER!, Attn: Management Office, 737 Madison Avenue, Albany NY 12208,
Email to: Employ@YOUTHPOWERNY.org