YP! Meeting and Event Code of Conduct
I will help to create a youth peer community based on mutual respect and a sense of personal wellbeing. I will treat others with honor and respect because that is how I wish to be treated.
I have read the following rules, designed to promote the health and safety of all people attending the event. I have indicated my complete acceptance by my signing this form. If I am not a legal independent adult my parent/guardian has signed this form as well.
• I will attend and participate fully in the entire event, unless otherwise agreed upon with the YP! and event leaders.
• I will arrive on time, stay until the end, and remain on the event premises at all times.
• I will not participate in any activities that could be deemed as hazing, sexually harassing, demeaning, or hurtful.
• I agree to refrain from sexual behavior and public displays of affection while attending the YP! event.
• I will not bring or use any weapons, firearms, or anything that may be construed as a weapon.
• I will not possess, consume, or distribute alcoholic beverages, even if I am of legal drinking age.
• I will not possess, use, or distribute any illegal drug or drug paraphernalia.
• I will not commit any illegal act. I understand that vandalism, disturbing the peace, or other inappropriate behavior as determined by the YP! leadership in accordance with the youth leadership will not be tolerated. I understand that I will have to pay for any damage that I cause.
• I understand that no gambling is allowed, except for fundraisers approved by the YP! leadership.
• I understand that no guests are allowed unless the YP! leadership grants permission in advance, and that any unauthorized guests will be asked to leave immediately.
• At an overnight event I will abide by the event curfew announced by the leadership. After each event session, I will go directly to my room remain there until the next session.
• If I take medications I will take responsibility in bringing needed medications and supplies to the event, and in following my medication regimen.
• I agree to abide by any additional rules, pertinent to a specific event, which may be announced, and to accept the consequences of their violation.
• I am willfully attending this event and acknowledge that YP! does not allow young people to be forced to attend their events.
I understand that these rules apply from the time I leave home for the event, during the event itself, and until I return home after the event.
Young Person’s Signature:
I understand that part of the YP! experience involves empowerment activities that may be new to the young person. These things come with certain risks and uncertainties beyond what the young person may be used to dealing with at home. I am aware of these risks, and I am assuming them on behalf of this young person. I realize that no environment is risk free and so I have instructed the young person on the importance of abiding by the YP! Code of Conduct. The young person and I both agree that he or she is familiar with these rules and will obey them. We understand that the young person must be willing to attend the event and that YP! will not make exceptions or tolerate force. We further understand that violation of the code and our force policy could include immediate expulsion from the event, at the expense of the parent or guardian.